In this post I will demonstrate how to publish a blueprint as a catalog items in vRA 8.2. A catalog item is a published blueprint that you can entitle to users. So, let’s get started.
1. login to vRA portal.
2. Go to Cloud Assembly > Design > Cloud Template and select the Blueprint that needs to be published as a catalog
Note: If you don’t know how to create a blueprint in vRA 8.x, I have already written a post for it here.
3. Open the blueprint and go to Version History > Current Draft > Version
4. Enter a description if required and check Release this version to the catalog and click on Create
5. Now from vRealize Automation – Cloud Service Console go the Service Broker
6. Click on Service Broker > Content & Policies tab > Content Sources > click on New and select the VMware Cloud Template
7. Enter a name for the Cloud Assembly Blueprint, select the Project and click on Validate and click on Create & Import
8. Click on Content Sharing select a project and click on +Add Items
9. Select the blueprint which needs to publish and click Save.
10. Click on catalog and verify that the Blueprints are available here
11. From here you can request a new vm, Click on Request and fill the Deployment name and Submit.
I hope you enjoyed reading it and this is helpful to you.
Hope you liked this post. If you think this post is helpful to you, please like & share also comment if you need any further discussion.