In this post I will demonstrate how to deploy vRealize Orchestrator 8.1 step by step. vRO 8.1 is the latest version released few days ago.
To start with deployment the very first step is to download the required ova ‘O11N_VA-184.108.40.20626-15995344_OVF10.ova’ from VMware site.We can then proceed to deploy the appliance from our vCenter Server.
- Login to vCenter and go to Cluster, right click and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Browse your OVA file location and click Next.
- Give your vm a Name and select Inventory folder.
- Select Resource pool if any or select cluster and Next.
- Review the details of vRealize Orchestrator Appliance and click Next
- Read & Accept the Licensing agreement
- Select the storage and click Next
- Select the Network and click Next
- Fill the Customize template details, like Hostname, IP address initial root password etc and do Next.
- Review the setting you have made or choose and click Finish to start deployment of vRO appliance.
- Once you deployment is done login to the vRealize Orchestrator by typing URL https://vRealize_Orchestrator_FQDN/vco-controlcenter & login credentials as root and password set during deployment.
Important: For security reasons, the password expiry of the root account of the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance is set to 365 days. To increase the expiry time for an account, log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance as root, and run the following command:
To check the password expiration.
chage -l root
To change the password expiration days.
passwd -x number_of_days name_of_account
To make your vRealize Orchestrator Appliance root password last forever, run the following command:
passwd -x 99999 root
For more on vRealize Orchestrator 8.1 see here .
Hope you liked this post. If you think this post is helpful to you, please like & share also comment if you need any further discussion.